Weekend Writing

[Editor's note] All week I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to commemorate the 10th anniversary of September 11th. I wanted to write something profound; something thought-provoking and comforting. Perhaps something about what we've learned, or where we are as a nation, or how far we've come against terrorism...

But the truth is, those discussions will invariably lack the emotional aspect of such a day. Conversely, how does one accurately incapsulate the emotions of such a day? I don't know and I won't try.

So please accept this weekend's writing as a muted tribute to the good people who lost their lives today. Sometimes it's best to just feel the feelings without trying to make sense of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regarding the Barry Manilow concert in Coral Gables

Regarding Steve Grand at Market Days

California high court expected to rule on same-sex marriage