Joe Jonas at Fashion’s Night Out

In Just Because I need more Joe on the Curl news: Teenage girls may not know it, but menswear designer Simon Spurr has something that they want: Joe Jonas’s cell phone number.

The Englishman and the pop star got to know one another after Jonas’s stylists showed him Spurr’s clothes, according to Spurr. A friendship developed and now “there’s tons of texts, we’re always in contact with one another,” Spurr said.

The BFFs were reunited Thursday evening at Saks Fifth Ave, where Jonas performed a few songs on behalf of Spurr and Fashion’s Night Out. A crowd of about 400—mostly young, mostly female—fans screamed along as he took the stage on the menswear on the seventh floor of the venerable department store.

The purpose of Fashion’s Night Out is to get people shopping. But Spurr, who climbed the ranks through Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren, wasn’t sure that the Jonas event was driving sales.

“I think the majority of people here are here to see Joe,” Spurr said with a laugh. “I don’t know how much they are shopping the men’s floor at Saks.”

Even so, he said he supports the efforts of Vogue Editor Anna Wintour with Fashion’s Night Out to encourage shopping among the masses.

Jonas, who attended the Calvin Klein show in February, says he respects the time put into a runway show, equating it to performing a live concert. “For me, I understand a little bit of it. I put months of pressure and time into an hour and a half show,” Jonas said. “I can’t imagine what they do, with last minute changes. It’s exciting and it’s a dream-come-true to be a part of this.”

(Via WSJ)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regarding the Barry Manilow concert in Coral Gables

Regarding Steve Grand at Market Days

California high court expected to rule on same-sex marriage